Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What a day!

Never before have I experienced a day like yesterday. Oh my gosh, what an array of emotions!
From excitement to nervousness. From joy to anxiety. Yesterday was the day I experienced them all.

On Monday night, just 24 hours before the Spain vs Portugal kick off at Cape Town stadium, I was lucky enough to get tickets! Having wanted so badly to experience a live football match during the World Cup, but being disorganised enough not to organise tickets, I was ecstatic to get tickets just one day before the game.

Trying to sleep on Monday night was a joke and trying to focus at work on Tuesday was even more of a laugh. I just couldn't concentrate. I just wanted so badly for 5pm to arrive, when I could leave home and head off to the infamous Cape Town Stadium, to soak in the atmosphere and see the game live in action from 20h30.

But as they say - when it rains, it pours. And so one element of excitement just wasn't enough. At work, I received news that my visa was ready for collection. I got an sms to say it had arrived in Cape Town, but you don't know the status until you collect it.

So, after informing my consultant at OVC (who kindly collected it for me) and then patiently waiting for her to call, my phone rang and it was indeed Amanda who informed me it came through! My ancestral visa. I got it!

Phew. What a relief!

And then, to top it all off (because things always happen in threes), I won two tickets to Madame Zingara. I entered a competition in the Cape Times on Friday and yesterday I received an email to say I'd won. I've been dying to go to Madame Zingara for years and the last time they left Cape Town they never returned. But now they are back, and as I'm leaving soon, I'm so thrilled to experience it before I go.

What a day, but boy, what a good one. (",)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment