Friday, June 18, 2010

Table Thirteen

Not much beats good food and good convo.

As a woman, I love to talk and as a human being, I love to eat. So what could be better than a good girly catch over breakfast on a Saturday morning?

Living in one city for many years, you'd think one would know most of the places to go and things to do in this beautiful city. But not me. I've lived in Cape Town for 25 years and I still find and discover so many new and amazing places to try and things to experience.

On Saturday morning, mom, Nix, Vannessa, Aunty Sandy and I headed out to try Table Thirteen in Green Point. A quaint little place, located in an artistic interior store next to the Victoria Junction Hotel.

Offering a small, but good menu and with specials written on a well-positioned blackboard, the food at Table Thirteen is fresh and tasty. I enjoyed the homemade ham with poached eggs, served on rye toast with a hollandaise sauce, while others at my table enjoyed the scrambled eggs with avo, served on rye toast with fresh corriander. The coffee was piping hot and the hot chocolate rich and moorish. The service was friendly and sharp with a pleasant and warm atmosphere.

We had such a good morning there and I'd certainly go back to try their lunch menu.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment