Monday, March 21, 2011

SnoZone! @ Xscape in Milton Keynes

It’s quite popular in the UK to go skiing or snowboarding during the winter holidays. The winter months here are so miserable and long, that it’s nice to take advantage of the snow and hit the slopes.

Having only lived here a few months I haven't done much travelling yet, but I wouldn’t mind planning a ski holiday for next winter.

I don’t think skiing is as easy as it looks on TV, so in preparation for this future holiday I recently went for a 3 hour ski lesson at the SnoZone in Milton Keynes.

Upon arriving at the SnoZone you check in, collect your pass, get changed and collect your snow boots, ski’s and helmet. It’s then time to hit the slopes.

As a group of 10 beginners, we were met by our instructor and given a briefing. On the baby slope we were shown how to glide on one ski, then on two, how to climb sideways up the slope and then we learnt how to basically ski straight down on a small slope. We slowly worked our way up to a steeper slope and learnt to plough (slow down and stop) and how to turn. It’s really fun and the most important thing is to stay in control. It’s easy to panic or slip and falling is all part of the experience, so if you do, enjoy it!

It was a fun three hours. I really enjoyed it and progressed to Intermediate Level.

Unfortunately you can't take your camera onto the slopes so I don't have a pic of myself with the ski's and helmet, but here's a pic of me in my outfit.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment