Monday, March 14, 2011

The King's Speech

I’d heard a lot of rave reviews about the newly released ‘The King’s Speech’ and I’d been wanting to see for a while, it as did my housemate, Lydia.

So last night the two of us went off to Cineworld at Southside to see what all the hype was about.

I feel it is totally worthy of all its Academy Awards. It’s brilliant!

I think I would have enjoyed it if I was still living in South Africa, but I think I enjoyed it all that much more because I’m now living here in the UK. I could understand and relate to many of the places mentioned or presented in the film and I learnt a lot about British history, which I wasn’t too familiar with before.

Lionel Logue was my favourite character and such an inspiration.

What a nice way to end the weekend.

http://www.kingsspeech.com/

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment