Sunday, March 13, 2011

Office Cheese & Wine

I don’t consider myself to be very cultural, well, I don’t engage or participate in as many cultural activities or experiences as I should or would like too.

However, living in London which is such a cosmopolitan city, I’m certainly learning a lot more about cultures and food.

To close last week and to celebrate our recent M&IT win, our team in the office enjoyed an afternoon of cheese and wine.
Sadly I don’t like wine (but I’m hoping it’s a taste I can learn to acquire) and my cheese taste is usually rather boring, so I wasn’t particularly looking forward to the event.

It however turned out to be such good fun and I thoroughly enjoyed all the cheeses. Rose purposely didn’t choose any stinky or strong cheeses, but rather a nice variety that we could all enjoy. Along with crackers, grapes, honey and sweet pickle, we enjoyed the following cheeses:

 Applewood Smoked Cheddar
 Bavarian Smoked Cheese
 Vintage Red Leicester
 Somerset Brie
 Camembert l'anglais plais
 Wensledale with cranberries
 Vintage cheddar

I learnt quite a lot of cheeses and enjoyed having the crackers, honey and sweet pickle to enjoy them with. It was so delicious. I’m looking forward to another cheese and wine occasion sometime.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment