I know that London is where I want to be and I’m happy to be here as I believe I’m learning, growing and experiencing so much, but it is not always easy. There are days when I feel lonely and I miss having my family, my friends or a companion to do things with. Today was one of those days.
I like having plans and making plans, I like to get out and about and I like making the most of my weekends as we are fortunate enough to have 2 full days a week to enjoy as we wish.
Nonetheless, after a morning at home of chatting to my parents, catching up on household tasks and feeling sorry for myself, I picked myself and decided to embrace the beautiful London day and went for a walk.
I took the train towards Waterloo and jumped off at Vauxhall. I walked along the Thames Path of Albert Embankment, which is alongside the Thames River, from Vauxhall towards Waterloo. I passed the Tate Britain and the Millbank Tower which has Altitude 360 - a trendy venue on the 29th floor. I passed numerous other walkers and runners, I passed Boris bikes, The Park Plaza Riverbank, many cruise liners on the river and Lambeth Bridge before reaching St Thomas’ Hospital at Westminster Bridge. It was really refreshing, there wasn’t any wind and the views were remarkable as the sun began to set.
The view from Albert Embankment:
It was such a beautiful and refreshing two hour walk. I saw so much and got some good exercise. You see so much more while walking around London than you do by public transport and you discover so many places that you wouldn’t normally pass.
I really enjoyed the walk. It totally lifted my spirits, reminded me of the beauty of London – the quite and the busy bits and I was so glad I did it. Although walking along the Thames is not quite the same as walking along Sea Point Promenade, it’s pretty close and somewhat invigorating. I look forward to doing it again sometime.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment