Monday, September 27, 2010

London Sightseeing

Although I live in London now, I still think it’s important to do the touristy things and embrace all the beauty of this ever-popular city.

Before I officially started work on 1 September, I went to see the typical sights such as Big Ben, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street.

The best way however to see these sights is on The Original Bus Tour. A 24 hour hop-on, hop-off bus with commentary explaining all the sights as you pass them.

There are three routes and one can choose to travel on one or change between them as much or as little as you like.

The yellow route is the best as it has a live guide explaining all the sights and giving a brief explanation about each. The red route is also good, but it offers a head set so you can choose whether or not you want to listen to the commentary. Both red and yellow routes offer a good overall representation of the city of London. To complete a full yellow or red route from start to finish is just over 2 hours. I think it’s a good idea to stay on the bus for one complete journey as it gives you a good understanding of the city. Thereafter it’s fun to hop on and off as much as you like.

http://www.theoriginaltour.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment