Monday, September 20, 2010

My new home

House hunting can be a daunting task, for anyone in any city, but it had to be done.

Once I had the job hunt out the way, I started on the home search.

It’s scary looking for a place to stay, especially a house share when you risk moving in to a place with someone you don’t know.

I looked online at various websites and saw a number of good and bad places. Eventually I found a beautiful place, a lovely little flat owned by a young professional, Lydia. She owns the two bedroom, two bathroom flat and was looking for a housemate as her previous one just moved out.

The rent was a little steep, especially when you compare to Rands, but what it offered was everything I needed and it just felt like the right place for me to call home. 24 hours later the contract was signed and within 2 days I was all moved in.


This is the front of the flat:

This is my room:

This is my living room:

This is the kitchen:


No comments:

Post a Comment