Friday, May 28, 2010

Moving towards the goal...

It has always been a dream of mine to live abroad and travel. And this year is the year I have decided to make my dreams my reality.

It's a big decision and a rather scary one too, but I've given it much thought & am just going to take the plunge and go for it!

It's an adventure anyway and if all else fails, I will only have learnt from the experience and will have lost nothing.

So before I just book an air ticket and fly abroad, there is plenty of planning that needs to be done. Step 1: Visa.

Fortunately I am privileged to have a grandparent who was born in the UK. That entitles me to an Ancestral Visa. I have been collecting the various paperwork over the last few months and the consultant at OVC who is assisting me with my visa application is pleased with what I have, I should be okay. So this time next month I'm going to submit all my paperwork to the Visa office, say a prayer and within 5-10 days I'll know whether my application has been approved or rejected.

Then I'll buy my air ticket and hopefully on Friday, 6 August, I'll be on my way.

I can't wait. I'm excited for the new challenges and experiences. I'm excited to learn the streets, learn about the people, the mixed cultures and of course the food! I can't wait to go shopping in Primark, listen to Capital FM radio, join Hillsongs UK and start using my vouchers from http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/ .

Of course my first two priorities will be to find a job and find a place to live, but I'll be enjoying the above in the process.

It's going to be an awesome journey.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment