Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Grand Affair

For months I have been dying to try the new Grand Cafe situated in Mouille Point, Cape Town. So a few days ago when Cassie suggested we meet there for drinks after work on Friday, I was only too pleased to catch up with some good friends and finally experience the much talked about venue.

What used to be a barron area I believe, some creative being has used their mind's eye and pulled together an imaginative masterpiece. With sand that has been shipped in to create an artificial beach and a steel warehouse that has been turned into a visually appealing restaurant, it's no surprise this is the hot spot of the season.

The few tables, chairs and couches positioned on the sand makes for a informal yet relaxing environment and perfect for after work cocktails or weekend enjoyment. However the stylish interior, unique selection of furniture and ambient lighting within the shed offers a romantic setting for a couple or group dinner experience.

I wasn't fortunate enough to dine there as I'd have to take a loan to afford the Toasted Crayfish Mayonnaise Sandwich for R160.00 on their Bar Snacks Menu, but the drink I could afford was definatley worth the price and the experience itself was valuable enough.

A fabulous place & certainly worth visiting again when the wallet allows. :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment