Friday, April 16, 2010

Little Blessings

A few nights ago I came home to find two homeless people completely emptying out the dustbin of my neighbour deperately seeking something to eat.

It saddens me and really breaks my heart to think I am going inside to a warm home and a lovely home-cooked meal and these less fortunate citizens are outdoors hunting for food.

So without even thinking twice, I went inside, put together a package of sandwiches, sausage rolls, fruit & snacks and took it outside for them to eat. They were so thankful.

It pleases me to make a difference in the lives of others.

The truth is, there are opportunities like these around us every single day to help people. There are people who cross our paths on a daily basis who desperately seek the love, support and kindness of others. And it is up to us, as fortunate beings to make a difference.

We have the ability to help, encourage and inspire. I pray for more opportunities to come into my life, that I may love and bless others, every day.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment