Over the past few months I have been very fortunate to have experienced some of Cape Town's finest annual events, two of them being KFM K-Day and Taste of Cape Town.
KFM K-Day is an annual full day concert held at a wine estate and includes an impressive line up of South African music performances. As most people know, I am a HUGE KFM fan. I love the music, the presenter's, the discussions, the news & regular updates, so of course I was keen to experience this show.

Travelling to work a few days before the concert, I rang in to Ryan's breakfast show & luckily won myself two tickets to the event. So on March 20th, Melissa & I headed out to Lourensford Wine Estate & enjoyed the tunes of Flat Stanley, Locnville, Sasha-Lee & more.
It was a fabulous morning. Great fun, good music & delicious snacks. Unfortunately we couldn't stay for the entire show as Mel had alternative plans & I was invited to watch the Stormers beat the Cheetahs at Newlands.
A week or so after that, mom & I were lucky enough to receive complementary entry tickets to the Taste of Cape Town event .
Taste of Cape Town is an event that allows visitors to taste various dishes from a number of Cape Town's top restaurants. Located on Rhodes High School field, various restaurants set up mini kitchens under marquee tents and visitors can taste four or five of each restaurants signature dishes.
My favourites included the Crispy Calamari Pina Colada from Ginja, the Soft Shell Crab from Bistro Sixteen82 & the Mushrooms Empanadas from Cape Colony. Everything was delicious & there a wine farms too offering wine tastings & cooking demonstrations. It's really a lovely way to see & experience a number of Cape Town's finest all in one evening.
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment