Annual events such as Christmas and Easter I've always considered to be family occasions, and I think for most people they are. But when you're living 5,979 miles (see the English me in now :) hehe) away from you're family, you tend to make the most of the makeshift family you have close by.
My Easter this year didn't involve an Easter egg hunt or hot cross buns with my family, instead I went to the Easter service at Hillsong Church, followed by tea and cake with my friend Tammy at Belle Amie.
A secret pleasure. This chic and enchanting restaurant is hidden beneath the rail arches between Waterloo and Southwark. Unless you know where you're going or you're a London wanderer, it's highly unlikely you'd just stumble upon EV because of it's remote location. Nonetheless, it's well worth a visit and I'd highly recommend it.
To start we enjoyed humus, breads and Ispanakli Borek, which is filo pastry filled with feta and spinach. Piping hot, fresh and absolutely moreish. And then for our mains we took pleasure in
It was an absolutely delicious meal, so tasty, fresh and well presented.
Not a bad substitute for easter eggs and hot cross buns.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment