Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shaka Zulu

Recently Barry & I decided to have a real treat of a meal and go to the recently opened Shaka Zulu restaurant in Camden.

Just off Chalk Farm Road in the heart of Camden, lies this unique hidden gem. Greeted by an African drummer upon arrival, you then swiftly move down an escalator and embrace the opulent ambience.

It is beautifully decorated with tribal masks, mosaics and hand-carved figurines.

For starters we enjoyed home made biltong with elephant bread. Not the best biltong I’ve ever had, but a good attempt on their part. For mains, I enjoyed the Spit Roasted dorper lamb and Barry enjoyed the Sirloin steak with red wine sauce. Then of course, no meal is complete without dessert and so we finished it off with a classic Milk Tart (at £9.00 per slice!)

It was a good evening. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the cocktails and wines and the food. The food wasn’t as good as it would be at home, but considering we’re half a world away, it was great nonetheless & we had a really good time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment