Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bikram Yoga

Apart from all the walking I do around London, I don't do much exercise. Partly because its just so expensive to join a gym (around £60 a month), but also because life in London is so busy, I couldn't get there often enough to justify spending that amount of money.

I have tried to do yoga and pilates since moving here, but even those classes start from around £12 a class, which is a lot considering I used to pay R60 a session at home.

Fortunately however London has loads of websites that I subscribe to & they very often run fantastic offers on yoga or pilates classes. For example, I just bought 10 Bikram yoga classes for £25. Not bad. :)

So I went two weeks ago & then again last night. It is tough, 90 minutes of yoga postures in a 40' degree heated room, but I do enjoy the challenge. You sweat so much it's disgusting, but you do undergo a good detox and leave feeling very refreshed and supple. It's strange, but you do seem to become a bit more supple in the heat.

Anyway, 2 sessions down & 8 to go. I'm gona try withstand them all.

www.bikramyogawimbledon.com

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment