One of the perks about working in the Event Management Industry are all the site inspection invitations.
We often get invited by various hotel Sales Executives to visit their hotels for a showaround. The purpose is to familiarise ourselves with the hotel and their facilities, to develop a relationship with the hotel representative and essentially secure business.
At the end of the day, all the hotels are fighting for your business.
Last night our team was invited to two of the Park Plaza Hotels in Central London. We began the evening with champagne and nibbles at Park Plaza Riverbank followed by a showaround. The hotel is a four star deluxe overlooking the Thames on the Albert Embankment. It was really lovely and offered great conference and meeting spaces. We were then transfered to the newly opened Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, amazingly located just off Westminster Bridge across from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Again we had a showaround and this was followed by a delicious meal at the Brasserie Joel.
Usually I tend to order dishes I know or am somewhat familiar with, but this year I'm learning to be more adventurous and order things I wouldn't normally have. So I ordered Tuna Tartare with hass avocado and crispy shallots to start and the Beef fillet with foie gras and truffle for main. Both were amazing and incredibly well presented.
The evening was great. A fantastic opportunity to learn about two fabulous hotels, see their facilities and experience their cuisine. Also a nice way to build the team spirit and build professional relationships. A very good evening.
xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment