
Aperture
Shutter Speed
Depth of Field
Focal Length
These are all words that a couple of months ago seemed out of the ordinary, but now that are a part of my every day vocabulary.
A wise person once taught me the importance of goal setting and another wise person taught me that my goal setting should be S.M.A.R.T. Specific. Measurable. Achievable. Realistic and Time Based. Good advice.
I have always shown an interest in photography. I consider myself to be quite a sentimental person and I like to capture memories through journaling and photography.
So, a few months ago I decided to put my goal setting to practise. I decided to do a Digital SLR photography course (specific). I did the reasearch, organised the funds and chose a school where to complete the course (measurable, achievable and realistic). I then selected a date to begin (time based). Within a few simple steps, I made my goal become my reality.
It is very rewarding doing something you always wanted to do. It just takes a little time and a conscious effort.
I have thoroughly enjoyed attending the classes each week. I have learnt so much and it has really opened my eyes to the beauty of the world. Every day I see and appreciate the lighting, the colours, the textures and shapes in everything. There is so much beauty, big and small, all around us. It's nice to just stop and look and appreciate every once and a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment