Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

I had a amazing birthday weekend last week.

I was quite nervous about my first birthday away from home. For 25 years I'd celebrated my birthday with my friends and family close by. But this year was my first birthday where the majority of my loved one's would be a million miles away.

I must admit, I did shed a tear or two, but it was only for a short time and purely because I miss my friends and family back home.

Nonetheless, I have some really amazing people here in London who made my birthday weekend really special.

On Friday evening, the 15th, I went for dinner with two girlfriends I have made here - Tammy and Natalie. We went for Chinese to a nice little place in Wandsworth. The food was delicious and we enjoyed good girl talk.

On Saturday morning Barry took me to breakfast at this amazing place in Southwark called The Table Cafe. We enjoyed smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with latte's and smoothies. It was so good and this place has become my new favourite in London. It's just that good!

After breakfast we ventured out to London Bridge to experience the London Dungeon's. It's scary (at times), but more fun than anything else. We had a good laugh.

On Saturday evening I enjoyed drinks with friends at Lost Society, on Sunday I embraced the sunshine and spent some time in Hyde Park which was followed by late lunch at Wahaca, a restaurant in Soho serving the BEST mexican street food ever! And to finish off the weekend we hired Boris Barclay's bikes and cycled through London back to Waterloo.

It was a lovely full weekend, filled with surprises. I was also spoilt with lots of pressies including a gift from my Cape Town girlfriends which was a really special surprise.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment